Wednesday 19 July 2017

Home: The End

From Bruges, it's an easy drive to the Eurotunnel terminal, a bite to eat and an easy crossing beneath the waves: our much preferred way to cross to and from this island of ours.



Driving up the M20 reminds us of Serbian roads as we bump along. An accident is  causing gridlock at the tunnel so we attempt to stop at Folkstone services......virtually no spaces for caravans...  and they're all full with delivery vans anyway so, with a gnashing of teeth, we carry on to the next services and stop in the caravan slots, almost all being full of vans. The parking spaces are exactly the same width as the van so I have to lever myself out of the car after some deft manoeuvres. Welcome home.



I don't mean to be negative but certainly this part of the UK is absolutely NOT friendly to us caravan users. I blame Jeremy Clarkson. Anyway, after sitting in a jam for another 3.5 miles we're home!

It's been a fascinating adventure, far exceeding our expectations. Wonderful. I'll say why in a brief summary, as usual, with a link from this page - when I get around to it, that is.

In the meantime, after washing, cleaning car and van, putting stuff away etc etc, it's my birthday barbecue weekend! So, it's time to say Goodbye; hope you enjoyed the read.

photo: Alessandra Arnott 

Travel Safely

Geoff & Sue





No comments:

Post a Comment